Apr 21, 2014

When is the best time for learning?


Good morning! I´m soon off to school for a two hour long meeting. Every tuesday we have a class meeting, where we talk about a lot of things, like stuff that´s going on in the school, coming lectures, eventual problems with a course, thoughts about art and photography, and so on. Since I´m attending an art school, and it´s university, we don´t have many scheduled hours. Some weeks we don´t even have any lessons, except for this tuesday meeting. This suits me perfectly, as I love to decide over my own time and I prefer to work with my projects in my own pace. I know that this doesn´t suit everyone, and it depends on how far you´ve come in your own development and how much you know about what you want to do. The last couple of years I´ve explored my own artistic voice very much, and now I feel like I know what I want to focus on and what kind of art that I want to create. This is a lovely feeling, as it gives me the opportunity to actually focus on creating, rather than searching for something to create. Some people may say that you don´t need to go to a school if you already know what you want to do and isn´t prepared to change. Well... I do believe that I would have been more open to change and new thoughts if I had started this school some years earlier. But on the other hand, I might have gotten lost. Now I know myself better than before, and I can tell which critique to listen to and which critique I should just ignore. I feel like I´m strong enough to stand up for myself, while I´m still able to listen to the opinions of others without being lost. You can read more of my thoughts about going to art school here! What are your experiences from going to art school?

No comments:

Post a Comment