Apr 22, 2014

The luxury of coaching



Today I met up with one of my teachers for coaching. I showed him some of my latest pictures from my new Sleep Project that I will work on when I travel to Iceland next week (I´ll write more about that, I promise!) Since I´m going to Iceland, I´ve been very eager to decide one project that I´m going to work with. I´ve been to Iceland once before, and the environment is simply breathtaking. I know that I will be carried away by the beauty and drama of it all, which is why it feels important to have decided beforehand what I´m going to photograph on my trip. I want to be sure to stay focused and do my absolute best to capture what I want to capture.

Lately when I´ve had coaching at school, I´ve been showing my work on my iPad, and I actually like this form of presenting my work very much. The pictures look absolutely stunning on the screen, and especially my work since I use a lot of strong colors and blackness in my photos. I also bring my cute notebook with the artwork from the Moomins by Tove Jansson. This notebook is only for my coaching meetings, and nothing else. I have to write down some of the thoughts that comes up during these conversations, because otherwise I know that I will forget the words from my teacher later. I love to talk to one person at a time about my work. It´s such a luxury to have one whole hour dedicated to nothing else than your own project and your own art! To explain to someone else what you want to create is a very good way of learning to understand yourself and your process better. When you´re forced to describe your thoughts, you will reveal how much you´ve actually thought you project through or not.

I´m very excited to start working on this project and share my thoughts about it with you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment