Apr 20, 2014

100 years and beatiful pastel tones


Yesterday I went with my boyfriend and his family to a small village in Dalsland, where my boyfriends grandmother celebrated her 100th year birthday! Everyone gathered in a beautiful hotel with decorations and wallpaper from the early 20th century. I realised that I love that style. The colors are bright, as in the light blue chairs, and the sun that shined in through the big windows painted the wallpaper in a beautiful, soft light. I love pastel tones, such as light blue and light pink. Sometimes I try to get these tones in my photography as well, and the best time to get this kind of tones is in spring time, when the fields are dry and yellow, and the day light is bright but still a bit chilly. I love the clear but still soft feeling that comes from that light.

The birthday party was amazing with A LOT of cake, coffee and even some sparkling wine. On the picture you see my boyfriend next to the birthday girl. She definitely looks younger than her age!

No comments:

Post a Comment