Dec 13, 2013

Shooting something different

Two of the sentences that I often use to describe my work and what I do are these:
"I create images that are dreamlike, imaginative and surrealistic. With the art of photography I want to explore our inner worlds and psychological struggles."  
I´ve decided to mostly focus on creating my own, conceptual work, and I´m working every day towards my goal of being able to support myself from it. However, I once started out with photography by photographing other people and doing different kinds of commissions. This is something that is very fun and I still try to do it sometimes, even if not very much these days. This summer I photographed the musician bangalore, who needed some photographs for his new album release. We both agreed that the feeling should be a bit vintage, natural, authentic. I also knew that I would want to shoot many of the pictures in backlight. Mostly when I shoot these kind of things, I like to have an open mind and be inspired in the moment. I find that the best thing to do is have a good and creative time, always clicking the shutter when you find the great light, composition or environment.








 In the post processing, I adjusted the curves by choosing the blue channel and add blue to the shadows and yellow to the highlights. I also adjusted the light and contrast by lightning up a bit and adding a tiny bit more contrast. Since we wanted the vintage feeling, I added a new layer which I filled with a sepia-toned/orange color. I choose Filter/Noise/Add Noise, which will give the color layer some noise and grain. I changed the mode of that layer to Soft Light, and made it less visible by lessening the opacity. Then I added a photo filter with sepia to get an even more old look to the image. In almost all of the images I made a new curves layer just for the face and removed a bit of blue. It´s easy to make the face and skin too cold otherwise.

I hope you enjoyed to have a look at some of my other work :)

No comments:

Post a Comment